Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program
Redirect a portion of your Georgia income tax payments to provide scholarship assistance to incoming Perimeter School students. To enable our supporters to take advantage of this program, we are working with the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, a state-approved student scholarship organization.
If you pay Georgia taxes, you can receive a tax credit (not a deduction - 100% credit) against your Georgia income tax liability for amounts donated to GOAL. Tell the state of Georgia where you would like them to spend your tax dollars - funding scholarships for children to attend Perimeter School! Currently this program enables 85 students to attend Perimeter School. For married couples filing a joint return, the maximum tax credit-eligible contribution is $2,500 ($1,000 as an individual). The best part is that you are not affecting your budget in any way; you are donating money to GOAL (designated for use at Perimeter School) that you were going to give to the state government in taxes anyway!
How to Contribute and Take the Tax Credit
1. Complete the 2018 GOAL Tax Credit Application online.
2. GOAL submits to Department of Revenue (DOR). On the first business day of January 2018, GOAL submits your application to the Georiga DOR.
3. Receive approval to contribute. GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline in early January 2018.
4. Make a Payment. Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2018).
5. Take the Credit. In May GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2018 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2018 taxes in 2019).
Deadline to submit your form is December 31, 2017 for your 2018 State Tax Credit and Federal Charitable Deduction.
Thank you to those who have already reserved their spot for a 2018 donation!
Do you run or own a business?
Corporations can receive a tax credit for amounts contributed to the GOAL Scholarship Program up to 75 percent of their Georgia income tax liability. Owners of S-corporations, LLCs and Partnerships can receive a tax credit up to $10,000. Click Here to learn more about this.
How are the funds used?
The GOAL Scholarship Program uses the Perimeter School-designated contributions to fund K-8 scholarships for public school children who desire to attend Perimeter School. The scholarships are also available for qualified students who are eligible to enter kindergarten, pre-first, and first grade. Each year, Perimeter School uses its regular admission and financial aid processes to determine those students who are eligible to receive GOAL scholarships and submits the scholarship candidates and amounts to GOAL for final approval.
To learn more...
For more details about the GOAL Scholarship Program or the process for making your contributions, we invite you to visit the GOAL website at www.goalscholarship.org, or contact Laura Powers at email@example.com.
We are here to help you with this simple process and to make it as easy as possible for you to use this program to redirect your tax dollars to help our students who need these scholarship funds!