Perimeter School strives to keep tuition affordable.To offset certain expenses, several fundraising opportunities are offered. The number of fundraising efforts are limited so that parents can be free to spend their time in activities directly related to their child's education, such as leading service projects, organizing class events, helping the teacher, helping each other, or just spending more time with their child. Additionally, limited and focused fundraising helps reduce the number of requests for money or volunteer time parents receive.
With this in mind, much thought, planning and prayer go into the selection of fundraisers. The goal is to offer fundraisers that yield the greatest financial return while limiting the number of "parent working hours" required.
School Wide Fundraisers
The school will conduct one large-scale fundraising event per year. Money raised from this fundraiser will be directed toward the Covenant Fund, In past years, these funds have been used to upgrade our school security, refinish the gym floor, finish our track, purchase science equipment, classroom projectors, and purchase books and student computers for the library/media center. All parents are asked to participate in this fundraiser as an act of service to the school. This year's fundraiser will be the Boosterthon Fun Run on March 15, 2018.
Easy Ways to Help Earn Cash to Support Perimeter School:
- Publix – By presenting your Publix Partners key-card at check-out before your sale is finalized, Publix will contribute a percentage of your sale to Perimeter School. That's all there is to it! Each time you shop at any Publix, they will swipe your ke-card. At the end of each fiscal quarter, they will send us a check! There is no charge to the customer, and our school benefits from all your purchases. Cards are available in both school offices for your friends and family, too!
- Ingles Tools for Schools Program - Use your Ingles Advantage Card when you make purchases at Ingles to help our school. Ingles will give back to our school a portion of those sales. Remember, all parents and friends of our school must relink the card every year. Linking does not carry over from year to year. You may begin linking your Ingles Advantage card on July 20th. Click here to link your Ingles card to Perimeter School. Click "Sign Up Online Now," find your local school by school name search, and click on the number for the appropriate school (#31060). Type your information in, as well as your Ingles Advantage card number. Remember to include the smaller digit on the right-hand side.
- Kroger - Use your Kroger Plus card when you make purchases at Kroger to help our school. Swipe your card or use the phone number that is related to your account each time you shop at Kroger. Kroger will give back to our school a portion of the sale. Click here to add Perimeter School to your Kroger Plus account online. If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger. Click on Sign-In or Create an Account to Enroll. Enter NPO number (23333) or name of organization (Perimeter School), select organization from list, and click on confirm. To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization's name (Perimeter School) on the right side of your information page.
- Office Depot - Make a qualifying purchase at Office Depot and present our school's 5% Program ID #70025545 when you shop online or at an Office Depot store. Office Depot will give our school 5% of total purchases from our parents. ID cards are available in both school offices. Office Depot will also credit prior purchases during this calendar year if you forgot to give them our ID number at the time of purchase. Just bring in your receipt for credit.
- Box Tops for Education - Clipping Box Tops is an easy way for you to help improve our school libraries. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents, and they quickly add up to real cash for our school. Just look for the pink Box Tops on products, clip them, and send them to school with your child to turn in to the elementary or middle school office. We accept them year round.
- Matching Gifts for Volunteer Hours - Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations, such as our school. Any contributions made to our school (i.e. Covenant Fund, Scholarship Fund) and even the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Fund can be matched. Some companies even provide matching funds for employee volunteer hours at school. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the the amount of your gift. Please contact Laura Powers email@example.com fo questions or assistance with matching gifts.
Perimeter school offers Pizza on Tuesdays as a convenient lunch choice for parents, and the funds raised are used to offset the costs of overnight field trips for 5th – 8th grade.
Additionally, all perimeter families may participate in the purchase of Chick-Fil-A calendars. The proceeds will be used to offset the cost of overnight field trips for 5th - 7th grades. Information regarding the purchase of the calendars will be communicated in the fall, and calendars will arrive before Christmas break.
Eighth Grade Fundraisers
Eighth grade students are encouraged to earn individual funds through babysitting, dog walking, etc for their class trip to Washington DC. However, in an effort to assist 8th grade families, Perimeter School offers a Chick-Fil-A Lunch fundraiser which is used to offset the DC trip.
Eighth grade students and parents may also participate in the sales and distribution of pre-packaged school supplies to help offset the cost of their class trip. Details of this opportunity are presented in late spring of each school year.
Every effort will be made to limit fundraising. Fundraising activities of any kind must receive advance approval from the SMT. Use of the school's name in any activity to raise money brings that activity under SMT oversight. Money riased outside of SMT-approved fundraisers will not be applied to individual school accounts.
The SMT will evaluate all existing fundraisers and consider any new fundraisers on an annual basis to ensure that each fundraiser meets the goal of providing the greatest financial return for the fewest hours of parental involvement.